Are We Making Progress Yet?
In today's environment if you are standing still, you are falling behind. Making the right decisions at the right time is critical. Following through on those decisions is challenging. In a survey of a broad cross-section of CEOs, the Malcolm Baldridge Foundation learned that CEOs believed deploying strategy is three times more difficult than developing strategy. If deployment is so challenging, the questions are: Are you making progress? How do you know?
- Are your values, vision, mission/purpose and plans being deployed? How do you know?
- Are they understood and supported by your leadership team? How do you know?
- Are they understood and supported by all members of your workforce? How do you know?
- Are your communications effective? How do you know?
- Is the message being well received? How do you know?
It is never too soon to start improving openness and communication. Ask the members of your workforce.